Saturday, December 22, 2007

Me without coffee

Yesterday I was shopping for Greg, little items for his stocking. I was nearing the end of my day and needed one last thing so I stopped at the little European grocery store near our house. The only problem was - I needed money for change and only had two dimes - this involved some searching for my coins, ahhh, one in my pocket. I get out of the car, with my Christmas presents in the front seat, cause I'm only gonna be one minute. Fill up the meter with some change and double check for my keys. Too late!

Guess where they are - in the ignition of the car. No problem, there are some workmen at the house and if I can get there in time they can let me in the front door. So I rush to my house to catch him. We do keep a spare key in our shed, but I never remember the combination and I don't have Greg's new work number. Time was of the essense.

I rush back home and find my friend the workman and ask him to let me in. We talk a minute and load boxes of shipped presents from the front porch to inside the house. Then I had only a few more minutes cause the money's gonna run out of the meter.

Get to the car, guess what, not only are the keys in the ignition, but the car is running. On impulse I open the door and would you know it, it was open the whole time. With the car running, and Christmas presents in the front seat.

I still went into the market, but instead of a present for Greg, I bought a bottle of wine. For myself. Clearly I needed it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm going to start following Jill around with a video camera for my new real life sitcom "Jill Doesn't Know I'm Following Her With a Camera."