Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pretending it's spring

This picture doesn't do it justice - when he uses this thing he puts his head down and it all bidness. I had to dress him that warmly because it was that cold.
Grilling for Easter
If you look past the weeds you can see our beautiful flowers.
Strange picture to include but we are excited to actually start composting

Unfortunately, Easter was cold and now it's been raining for the last few days and I am climbing the walls! Must get outside! Thank you, and for the love of God we are supposed to get nice weather tomorrow. There's only so many errands one can do...

We spent Easter at our nearby park for a neighborhood birthday party. Was really cold and luckily had the excuse (though it was true) of his afternoon nap so he missed smashing the pinata, he would have been mesmerized watching that I'm quite certain. He liked his Easter basket of sand toys and eggs filled with goldfish crackers.

We have a long car trip (8 or 9 hours regularly without Timothy depending on who drives more me or Greg) coming up so any suggestions for ease of travel.... We've borrowed a DVD player which might help somewhat but he can barely pay attention during one - of course he won't have much else to do. We plan to stop often obviously and let him run around and play and he'll probably sleep some but what about the other 7 hours? Timothy is only 18 months old so I'm really at a loss here.

1 comment:

Lou said...

I had a dream about Timothy last night -- that he got really tall. And I kept saying but "I only saw him two months ago." When you guys get back from Cincy and this conference from hell is finally over, I'm so coming over to visit. Would May 4 or 5 work for you?

Plus I'm hosting book club May 17 if you want to come over and say hi! We're reading Three Cups of Tea.