Monday, November 2, 2009

Worst. Costume. Ever.





Okay, I know, I know. I'm going to hear about this later, perhaps after Timothy has a therapy session. I procrastinated and looked at 5000 costumes online and I just could not decide. And then I saw an adorable Tiger costume for $10 bucks at Costco. Sold! The problem was it didn't fit even though he almost always can wear 12-18 size. In fact it's usually too big. Well this one was too small - it came to mid shin and we had to strain to lift it on his head.

So we took it back and the only thing they had left was these silly cows - with spots more like a Dalmatian dog then any self-respecting cow. I also didn't realize that the back would be so...realistic of a large sized...human rather than a pear shaped cow?! Very strange. Also although it was too big in the legs and arms it was still too small in the...how to say politely, uhm groin area. So. very. wrong. Sorry little man!

I gotta say all of the guys at the kids party really liked it and thought it was cute. The women...well let's say it was a little too close to home.

Anyway Timothy loved loved loved Halloween. In fact he was ready to go out the next night and do the same thing and was furious to discover that it was not possible. When we brought him home after trick or treating he kept trying to keep his costume and shoes back on and would run to the door looking very sadly out. He only got scared after a neighbor's kid came out wearing a "Scream" mask -- Timothy let out a scream and demanded I hold him the rest of the night. Who lets their six year old wear such a mask I ask you? Guess we'll find out in about 4 years....

Halloween is a special day for us in that we received our Letter of Acceptance from the Chinese Government on this day last year. I'll love Halloween forever because of this.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the big, fat cow cheeks! Have you found the pumpkin yet?

Lou said...

Just as long as you don't make him wear it again next year...and I thought it was a dalmatian costume, not a Moo-cow!