Thursday, May 21, 2009

So very tired - here are some photos





I'm a bit overwhelmed and finally starting to understand what it means to have a child with c/p. I wouldn't change a thing. I had been thinking in terms of surgeries rather than teaching our child speech and now the light is turning on in my brain - finally.

Timothy works so hard at speech therapy and he is doing great. He said the M sound last week and has done it a few times since when trying to say 'moo'. It takes patience and giving him time to motor plan - it seems like it takes him five minutes.

He's also teething like crazy. He now has 7 teeth - one coming in the middle of his gums at the far right side of his mouth - sorry rambling. I can feel some other nubs that haven't come in yet. He's gotten frustrated more easily this week and to my great joy amped up the whining. He's chewing on everything in site, poor guy.

He drank one milkshake from a cup and since then - not so much. It's a huge mess (still learning how to be okay with these huge toddler messes). Turns out we need to support his lower jaw much more to develop the weak muscles and that is my task this week.

Enjoy the photos. Timothy loves to wear hats even when not seasonally appropriate. His Aunt Lori gave him one she got from being a volunteer at the Obama Inauguration.

No comments: